We hope you will join us for Vacation Bible School 2019 at Big Spring Baptist Church.
June 2 - 7, 2019
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Ages 4 years old through 12th grade.
Click here to register online.
Kids will focus in on some amazing real-life encounters with Jesus. Each encounter is like a snapshot-a specific moment in time captured on the pages of Scripture. Kids will discover that each snapshot of Jesus is an opportunity to respond to the gospel. When put together, these isolated encounters clearly reveal the most amazing truth of all Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God!
Sunday, May 26, 2019
9:00 AM Church Library open
Big Spring Bistro
9:30 AM Sunday School
10:45 AM Worship Service
6:00 PM Memorial Day Cookout
Monday, May27, 2019
Church Office Closed
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
9:00 AM Crisis Ministry
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
6:00 PM Teen Connection
7:00 PMChoir Practice
Sunday, June 2, 2019
6:00 PM VBS Starts
WELCOME TO WORSHIP
Thank you for joining us as we worship the Lord. We are so very glad you are here with us today and hope your day is filled with the Holy Spirit and love. If you are visiting with us for the first time, we would like to get to know you and ask that you fill out one of our blue Welcome Cards and place them in the offering plate. If you have special prayer needs, there are cards to fill out for those needs also.
UPCOMING EVENTS, MEETINGS & INFO
- May 26 – 4:00 PM Kayla Hannah & Jonathan Dockery Wedding Shower
- May 26 – 6:00 PM - Memorial Day Cookout
- June 2-7 –6:00 PM - Vacation Bible School
- June 7 – 6:00 PM - VBS Family Night
- Summer Discipleship Series - Starting Wednesday, June 12th at 6 PM we will be having our summer discipleship series. This year we will be doing the study When Helping Hurts: A Small Group Experience. When Helping Hurts offers a different framework for thinking about poverty and its alleviation. Rather than simply defining it as a lack of material things, the book addresses the roots of the issue: broken relationships with God, self, others, and the rest of creation. If you would like the book ($10.99), please sign up for one and make plans to join us for this amazing study.
- Memorial Day Cookout - Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who died serving our country so that we could enjoy our lives. Memorial Day also marks the start of summer’s celebrations. Celebrate with us on Sunday, May 26, 6:00 PM for a church-wide barbeque. We are firing up the grill with hamburgers and hot dogs (provided by the church). Members and friends, please bring the buns, side dishes, desserts and drinks. Let’s